Senate Local Government Committee
Friday, June 23, 2017
City Council Chambers, City Hall, Room 400 in Philadelphia
11:00 a.m. – Welcome and Introductions
11:10 a.m. – 11:15 a.m. – Overview of Beverage Tax
11:20 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Dr. Mather, American Heart Association
11:35 a.m. – 11:55 p.m.
12:00 p.m. – 12:10pm – BREAK
12:15 p.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Donna Cooper, Pennsylvania Citizens for Children and Youth (PCCY)
- George Matysik, Philadelphia Parks Alliance
12:35 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Jeff Brown, Brown’s Family Shop-Rite
- Grant McLoughlin, The Fresh Grocer
- Jose Espinal , Good Neighbor Mini Market
- Luis Adames Corcino, Mayo Mini Market
- David McCorkle, Pennsylvania Food Merchants Association
1:05 p.m. – 1:25 p.m.
- Lou Meyer, The Briad Group (Wendy’s Restaurants)
- Andy Pincus, Carbonator Rental Service
- Manzoor Chughtai, 7-Eleven and Delaware Valley 7-Eleven Franchise Owners Association
Written Testimony Submitted By:
- Mayor James Kenney and City Council President Darrell Clarke
- Jim Krieger, Executive Director for Healthy Food America